COVID-19 Office Updates
Posted: March 21, 2020
At Smith & Cole Dentistry, we are following the guidelines established by the CDC and local public officials regarding COVID-19 and we continue to update our policies regarding COVID-19 based on the latest information available. We as a dental office care about our community and we will make ourselves available with diligence and safety in mind, but we will have a modified work schedule starting March 23, 2020 where will see dental emergency/non-elective patients by appointment only. Our new emergency hours for March 23- April 3 are Tuesdays/Thursday 9:00-12:00pm. We will be on call for any emergencies outside of that time. Please call our office number at 830-629-1954 and leave a message…we will be manning our voicemail regularly and remotely. If you have a severe emergency and need immediate attention, call either Dr. Smith at 830-822-8633 or Dr. Cole at 830-556-3860.
Emergency/non-elective conditions include: uncontrolled bleeding, trauma, severe dental pain, broken or loose teeth as a result of an accident, or any type of oral swelling or infection.
- If you have not already received a call to reschedule any elective appointments, our office will be calling you to reschedule.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have had contact with an individual who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 please call and reschedule.
- If you have traveled by airline in the last two weeks or have traveled to a high-risk area (domestic or international), please make sure you’ve waited 14 days before visiting our office.
- Do not bring guests to your appointments during this time. Should you feel an exception applies to you, please call our office.
- Reminder: we’ve always used universal precautions to ensure the safety of our patients and staff and will continue to do so with extreme diligence during this time.
- We do have hand sanitizer and hand soap available, we will ask that you clean your hands in the waiting room and upon entering the exam room.
- Please keep in mind we are seeing no patients who have the following symptoms at this time: coughing, fever, chills or sore throat and we strongly suggest you contact your family physician.
We understand that these are uncertain and challenging times for all. Your care, health, and safety remain our top priority. We appreciate your cooperation with the above guidelines. We’re hoping to be back to business as usual soon and will keep you informed.
Dr. Todd Smith and Dr, Michael Cole
Posted: March 15, 2020
Here at Smith and Cole Dentistry, caring for you and your total body health has always been our first priority. That is why we have always followed universal precautions that fully protect the health of both you, the patient, and us, the staff. We do this through using hospital grade disinfectants, sterilization methods and outerwear like disposable gloves, gowns and masks etc. Because of this, our dental office is always a safe place to go, even now. During this time of our declared national emergency due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are following the CDC guidelines and ask that you do the same. This entails: staying home when you’re feeling under the weather, using proper hand-washing hygiene, avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth, and keeping general distance when out in public etc. If you are feeling sick, please call us at (830)629-1954 and we are happy to reschedule your appointment at a later time. We appreciate you and hope to serve you and your dental/health needs to our best ability now and always.
Dr. Todd Smith and Dr. Michael Cole